Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Weekend...


Saturday Jimmy and I went to the Webkinz Extravaganza at the candle shop. Jimmy won a black and white plush cat playing a game and three other ones because I purchased some candles. Then we went mother's day shopping together. James went garage selling and worked on the sprinklers in the front of the east part of the house. Had some gift certificates at Amazon so ordered some books..a couple of spinning books, Charlaine Harris book, the new Debbie Macomber, and a series of books based on the Yellowstone National Park. I love getting new books! Can't wait for them to come. I was told about another great series yesterday by a gal on Ravelry...its called Outlander...let me know if you've read it and how you liked it. I went and put it in my Amazon wish list to order next time when I get more certificates in the mail! I think there are nine in the series.
Sunday I was busy watering all the trees, plants and orchard. Had a little sundress on and forgot to put sunblock on so my arms, chest, and neck are lobster red and sore. Did laundry and ironing and made chocolate chip cookies. Also crocheted a little on some gifts I'm working on.:) Jimmy was busy playing outside and found nature shows on netflix he can watch. Came and told us all about a certain bird and its ways, little does he know the education he's getting from it!:) James finished up the sprinklers on that one side of the house. Our front yard is about an acre in front of the house so doing it in manageable sections. Next weekend we will be planting the grass and working on the flower bed area with sprinklers! Oooh, I did buy a new Namaste Newport bag in Hollywood Pink because Woolgirl was having a big sale...can't wait to get it because I'm not liking the Zuma one I got at all and will be selling it on Ravelry soon.

4 comments:

SissySees said...

Sunshine? What's that? We had a small burst of it on Saturday, for a few hours...

Can't wait to hear what you think of your pink Newport. If I get another, that would likely be the color I'd get!

Dawn said...

We're getting rain and more rain so no need to water! LOL!

Take care of that sunburn.

Alisha said...

I've heard good things about the Outlander series But I haven't read them yet.

g-girl said...

why don't you like your zuma bag? jw. oh no..i missed a woolgirl sale?? oh well.