Saturday, January 2, 2010

**CONTEST**

Hi Blog Buddies!

As some of you may know my grandma had to be put into a nursing home a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been visiting her a lot and have noticed so many people up there are just abandoned, no family comes to visit, no friends……so I was thinking of making some lapghans for them. Its a little thing that will mean so much to them and be very useful when they are in their wheelchairs, brighten their beds, and to just show them that there are people who care. My son is knitting one and I just completed one last night and starting another.

I thought I’d turn this into a contest in order to be able to provide them with more than what I can do. I’m going to run this until April 1 where I will use the random number generator to pick three winners….everyone will receive a special thank you from us just for participating. First place will be a Deluxe Wolfe Farms gift basket…Second place will be your choice of four herbal soaps….and third will be soap/lotion set.

The lapghans need to be in washable materials. Approximately 32 x 37 inches. Knit/Crocheted/Weaved. Every lapghan will be an entry. You can pm me on rav for my home address or send it to:

Wolfe Farms P.O. Box 10064 Lancaster, CA. 93584-2064

I’m looking forward to and praying for a great turnout! Love and Blessings, Dawn

9 comments:

SissySees said...

What a wonderful idea! May I mention it on my blog too? I have some selfish and then birthday knitting to knock out in the next couple of weeks, but I'll get something to you before the deadline.

Your grandmother will be so proud of you!!

Dawn said...

please mention it Chan! Would love it!:)

Dawn said...

Any Patterns you'd recommend Dawn?

I'd like to send one. I'm pretty slow these days with my hand/finger pain but could get one done eventually.

Courtney said...

That is an awesome idea!!! I will post it on my blog too!

Debbie T said...

I also blogged about it Dawn and you can count me in! What a fantastic idea!!

Ms. Diva said...

I'm blogging about it also!! What a fabulous idea! Then I am heading to Ravelry for a papttern or two! :)

Natalie Rush said...

How awesome!! I'll mention it in the next episode!

Sue said...

I'll mention this on my blog this weekend and start going thru my patterns. This will be a good project for cold winter nights.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I have a couple of "must-do" projects in the works, but then I will try to get one done for you too. I will also mention it on my blog.

I know your grandmother will be proud.

Lynn