Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Phat Tuesday!!!

Happy Phat Tuesday (Mardi Gras 2010)!!
Wear your beads proudly!:)

Finished Object: Crocheted Rectangular Lapghan for my niece, Lila. Her birthday is Mar. 2 and made her this blanket to snuggle up with when she reads the books I'm sending her too! Such fun girly colors too...pinks her favorite color!:) She is so much fun to knit/crochet for, I'm always finding cute things to make for her. It's also awesome because she really loves what I make for her. Besides Jimmy she's my favorite person to make things for!:)

Another fabulous lapghan for the charity contest! This one was crocheted by Jo (bellatrix). It is a crocheted entrelac pattern, very beautiful.
I took three blankets with me to the nursing home yesterday to see what kind of response I was going to get from the staff. On Ravelry I went into the whole fiasco with social workers....No one said a word to me yesterday. I gave my Grandma the one I made for her (she wrapped it around herself like a shawl...hey they have a duel use)....gave the deaf lady a bright red one which she loved and had to show me that it matched her decorative pillow :).....then I gave another lady one which was DawnRene's....the lady teared up and said "it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever had...perfect size...so much work...loved the colors...then told me she used to knit socks for the soldiers in the war!" I got lots of hugs and kisses! Such a joy to see them enjoy them! They had to keep comparing their blankets saying "mines prettier than yours" so funny! Think I will continue to pass them out this way...a few at a time to those I see alone a lot. My Grandma is even wanting some of the lapghan patterns to help make them for the nursing home! Think she's getting her crochet mojo back!:)

6 comments:

Courtney said...

THat is awesome. I will send mine soon, I need to go and get a box
:-)...I will make another one once I am done with my rav. projects too. :-)

g-girl said...

that's great that the lapghans were so warmly received..what happened with the social workers??

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for letting me know where my blanket went. I'm so glad to know the woman you gave it to likes it. It made my day!

Dawn Rene

Dawn said...

That's just awesome Dawn! So you didn't get in trouble for handing them out??

SissySees said...

Exceptionally sweet. My hook and I are going to create something for you just as soon as I can take a deep breath...

Fru-la-la! said...

gorgeous blanket for your niece and I'm so glad the lapghans are being received as well as they are!!