Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On & Off the Bobbins....

Monday and today I'm working on this BFL (blue face leicester) that Freckle Face Fibers (Nicole) gave me. This one I'm paying more attention to my ratio (1:19); my wpi (wraps per inch): 15; and need a magnifying glass to figure out my tpi (twists per inch)! I'm so loving this spinning!:)

This is my first time using the Navajo plying method...turned out kind of cool. This was really weird to try....your feet are treadling, your looping the yarn from a slip knot over each other (sort of like crocheting a chain) and making sure the twist isn't tangling and pulling onto the bobbin correctly. Lots going on with this kind of ply. It's a lot of fun trying new things!
Still working on the Monkey socks (they're my purse knitting), the mystery shawl is still on the hook (been so busy spinning haven't worked on it) and just finished a chemo hat. Have a great hump day Wednesday!

4 comments:

SissySees said...

Neato! You're doing a fantabulouos job spinning!

Dawn said...

I'm missing some knits woman! But I can understand the obsession! LOL! ;O)

Plus, the more you practice, the sooner I get some sock yarn...

Natalie Rush said...

I think it's awesome you are doing so well!!! Love the BFL!

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

I hope I get to this point one day! Really looking forward to learning to spin.

Beautiful yarn. Thanks for sharing and participating in Fiber Arts Friday!