Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Windy!!!

This past weekend we (James) put up our greenhouse. This will be so nice so my herbs don't freeze to death this winter and other less hardy plants won't die. Also got all the panels on and it looked so nice. Wellllll, today we had some wind. Not just any wind but 60-70 mph wind. I could not even see the plants on my porch there was so much dirt from the wind. Then I started hearing plastic flopping and when it died down a bit saw it flying ten acres away from my house. Jimmy and I bundled up, put safety glasses on, gloves, face masks and headed out to pick up the panels of my greenhouse that were on there way to Kansas! Not easy picking up six foot plastic panels in a wind storm! We were so tired and covered in dirt...ears filled with dirt, face covered in dirt, dirt everywhere.....haha guess I should of used my dirt soap to clean with huh?:) We decided to call a "wind day" like they have "snow days." I made some yummy Smore mix to snack on and going to have fresh, homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner (been making so much soap almost said chicken noodle soap)!:) Going to knit tonight while watching "So You Think You Can Dance!" Have a great evening guys!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Bummer, I hope you got your greenhouse all back together, it was really windy here too, still is!

SissySees said...

High winds scare me. I watch the trees sway, and sometimes, can hear them creak above the wind sounds...

Dawn said...

What a bummer! Hope you can secure those down somehow. :(

g-girl said...

wow, your own greenhouse? that is cool. :) sorry about the windstorm though and the panels blowin' off. :P scary! the winds were pretty bad up here too.