Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve and FO's!

Trouble trying to peek into packages....really terrorizing my curly ribbon!
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa!

Finished the Loppem cardigan! Should of done the size smaller cuz its kinda big on my shoulders. Not a very flattering sweater...makes me look wider than I already am. The decreases show up real bad too which I'm not happy with. Will never do any more of Nora Gaughn's patterns because of all the errata (pattern corrections). The yarn was nice to work with though and will probably make some fetching mitts to go with it.




My flash made this look blue, in reality its a deep, dark purple! Misti Chunky Alpaca...love this yarn, its nice and squishy soft. Very fun pattern! Going to do another but without the ruffle so Jimmy can wear it or James...


Still feeling under the weather....going to make some more cookies, might make my sweet potato casserole, watch Charlie Brown Christmas and maybe start my Peppermint Patty socks.

Merry Christmas Eve!



6 comments:

Dawn said...

I love the cable pattern on that sweater! That would look pretty in a scarf too! It's not bad, geez, just finishing it is awesome so Bravo to you. I'll probably never do an adult size sweater. Just too cheap! LOL! ;O)

You're way too fast, I haven't gotten to my scarf yet! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Marisol said...

Hey the color and cablework is very nice. Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Hope you feel better real soon:)

SissySees said...

Well, shoot! I'll have to dump that from my queue then... I do love the color and the cables.

Hope you got well for Christmas!

NatRed2 said...

You look great in that cardi! It is not that you made it too big... it is the loss of weight that makes it feel big. Just remember that.

You are a knitting machine...Do you ever sleep?

Unknown said...

That sweater is cute. The color is perfect for you. Sorry it doesn't fit the way you want it to. But can you keep it to wear around the house???

g-girl said...

the loppem looks great. good to know about all the errata that goes along with norah gaugan patterns. the scarf looks dark purple to me! hope you had a merry christmas!