Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tour de Fleece

Bought this roving from Crown Mountain Farms to spin for the Tour de Fleece.
Tour de Fleece is a spin along to coincide with the Tour de France...they spin, we spin!
It starts Saturday July 4th and runs until Sunday July 26th, 2009.
Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 4th through Sunday July 26th. Days of rest: Monday July 13th, Monday July 20th. (Just like the actual tour)
Spin something challenging Wednesday July 22nd. (The Tour’s densest mountain stage with 5 mountain passes)

After separating the ounces into manageable quantities this is what I spun last night after swim team practice. It's so soft and smooshy!

Here's the quick banner/ravatar thing I quickly put together this morning to show my team spirit with the CogKNITive group...Team CogSPINtive! Should be fun...Limejuicy and I were stalking an etsy store yesterday waiting for the lady to stock some fabulous colors of roving...we twittered back and forth and both scored some awesome stuff! I just love all these internet social avenues that are out there! Great way to stay connected!



3 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Such lovely fibers!!! Good luck with the Tour de Fleece!!!

Learner Ros said...

That purple is great!

SissySees said...

Yummy! My back is finally to a point where I'm thinking I might be able to spin again soon. LOVE Fuji peeking at us in the photo!