Sunday, September 6, 2009

Jimmy's Mitts!

The Sand dollar roving above (brown/cream/blue) became...

this two ply yarn I spun up for....

Jimmy's fingerless mitts! This is the first time I've actually knit with the yarn I spun! It was so much fun! It was so funny how it ended up striping....don't really know how I managed that but it's cool! It's superwash too so I'll be able to wash them!:)


Hope everyone is having a safe, wonderful labor day weekend!

Today is also our kitty's birthday...Happy Birthday Trouble!

It's also my parent's 40th wedding anniversary...whoohooo, wow 40 years! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Hope you have many more wonderful years together! Love you!


5 comments:

SissySees said...

Well, happies to those celebrating, but wow! Those mitts are awesome! I think that it's all in how the roving is dyed... do you pre-draft? (I'm trying to figure this out too, because I'd love to spin self-striping yarn.)

Ms. Diva said...

I love the mittens!!! Awesome job!!

Dawn said...

Those came out great! Love that pink roving too, have you spun it yet?

NatRed2 said...

those turned out really great! And self striping to boot!

g-girl said...

great mitts! :)