Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ladybug Kit!

This months Woolgirl kit theme was Love Bugs....
It came with:
1 skein of Miss Babs Yummy fingering weight sock yarn in the Ladybug colorway. Also included was a black heel/toe skein so that you have the option of using it on your socks.
Fly Away Home sock pattern by Lisa Dykstra (http://ayenforyarn.blogspot.com). I love her patterns...my favorite sock pattern was from her called Reina, can't wait to cast on for these!
7" fibersphere...protects your fiber. A mini ladybug sphere to hold your stitch markers.
A ladybug stitch marker, ladybug pen which is also a tape measure, ladybug emery board, ladybug notepad and eraser, magnets, stickers and a ladybug tattoo! Very fun kit!
I'm not to in love with the fibersphere idea...nice idea to keep the yarn clean and undamaged but.....if my yarn is in a baggie it's easy to throw into my bag, whereas this thing is big and awkward. Another thing is I put my skeins into a cake so they won't roll around...this thing is going to roll around? Strange contraption but some might enjoy it. I'll try it and let you know. Jimmy thought it was a thing for a hamster and now that's all I keep thinking!:)

8 comments:

Julie said...

I agree with Jimmy...lol...But love the rest of the stuff. I love ladybugs...Can't wait to see what you make with it. Take care...Give Fuji a hug from me and Chloe.

Courtney said...

VEry cool, I love the kit

SissySees said...

Interesting idea, but I don't see it working for me either... Pretty kit though!

Knitting Kris said...

I LOVE the ladybug kit! My youngest daughter loves ladybugs, and my kids split the extras in the kit.
Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. I hope you are doing better. And I have to say, your spinning is lovely - Jimmy's mitts are fantastic!

Dawn said...

Looks like a really cool kit! :)
Now you just gotta get those socks on the needles!
I agree about the sphere thing, I guess if it's in your bag near you it wouldn't spin around anywhere else....

NatRed2 said...

I found the fibersphere a bit of a pain too! I thought it would make my yarn Brodie proof...he thought it was a new toy and got my yarn anyway...thank god he has out grown that phase.

g-girl said...

have you tried out the fibersphere? i remember when they first came out. i don't foresee it as something you could take along with you. maybe it can be a new toy for fuji? ;) i could picture a hamster in there too. lol! great kit though! i love the ladybug holder for stitchmarkers idea.

Natalie Rush said...

It looks so YUMMY!!!