Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shimmy & Shawl...

Finished my Traveling Woman shawl for the Barknknit knit a long! I love making shawls...I think they're my favorite thing to knit. This one was especially nice with the cashmere in it, it's so cuddly, smooshy, and soft! It was done in Handmaiden Casbah on size 5 circ's! Already have another pattern I'm itching to cast on but need to make a skully baby hat first....or I might just cast on a little of the Multnomah shawl....



Had a blast at belly dancing again last night. Dr. Gemma of the Cogknitive podcast, Mindy, and Hannah showed up from our knitting group.....all the others chickened out or flaked on us!:) I bought this cool coin hip scarf (notice I'm not modeling it):)!!! It makes it so much fun to hear that jingle when you move, so now I jingle when I shimmy! Those of us who came last night are signing up for more lessons...I can't wait! I also can't wait to practice today just so I can wear that cool scarf and hear the coins jingle....the cats love it too!
Off to do school and make some soap boxes! Have a great day!



6 comments:

SissySees said...

Beautiful shawl and those shiny, jingly coins should make anyone want to shimmy! Enjoy.

NatRed2 said...

You make such beautiful shawls!!

Kudos to you for getting up there and belly dancing in front of ...you know...people (shudders). I sure couldn't do it, maybe in front of my mirror...

Oh..and why arent you modeling the shiny thing??

Dawn said...

Shawls are on my "one day" list. :p
That may be never but I can still hope. Great job!

Sue said...

Your shawls are beautiful and I like those jingly coins on the scarf. You need bells on your ankles and wrists too.

Natalie Rush said...

Wow...so beautiful!! Thanks for being a part of the KAL! I really enjoyed this shawl!

g-girl said...

your travelin' woman shawl looks a bit like ishbel! the final border is different though. LOVE your coin hip scarf. :) great color!