Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Award & Bricks!

I have been nominated by the sweet, Rhoda! Thank you, Rhoda. :)

If you receive this award these are the rules:

You must pass this on to 11 other bloggers you think are fantastic!

You must also link back to the person who gave it to you. This is also a great way to find new blogs to follow! So without further ado, here are the bloggers who inspire me...



My sourdough bricks...A friend last week gave me a sourdough starter and recipe/directions. Well it usually helps to read all directions first....I proceeded to make it, perfect overcast day to bake....I added too much starter to the flour, thought "oh crap" so doubled all the other ingredients....kneaded it for 20 minutes (well the kitchenaid kneaded) then let it set for 30 minutes...in the mean time I'm calling my aunt and mom to see if they have extra bread pans because I only have two, mom came to the rescue and brought me all they had. Then I notice the recipe says it has to sit for 15 hours...WHAT? Couldn't even bake it till this morning...and I got these sorry looking lumps of yuck. If I threw it against the wall it'd break the wall!:( This is the second time I've tried to make sourdough and with a complete different starter/recipe. I don't think I'm destined to be a bread baker!



3 comments:

SissySees said...

Congrats on your award!

Sorry about the bread. I've never made sourdough or any bread from a starter, so I hope someone else can give you a simple explanation so you can have success next time!

Dawn said...

I know you can do it. It sounds like some patterns out there that I slap my forehead for not reading AHEAD to see what I need to do! LOL! I'm no baker, I don't belong in a kitchen for some reason. :(

Thanks for the award too Dawn! I've gotten so bad about blogging and reading the ones I follow, things are just crazy anymore. Take care and have a good rest of the week! Give the bread a try another day! :O)

Courtney said...

I love you hun, but that bread does look like bricks! :-) LOL :-)