Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flamingo Skirt!

Courtsgram (Luanne) came over yesterday to give me another sewing lesson. We had so much fun! She brought her Bernina Serger and her Bernina Virtuoso. She taught me how to do seams with the serger, wow that thing is amazing! Made the above skirt mainly on the serger! I also got to work with her machine which was great fun and so see what all the wonderful things being said about Bernina really are. Think I'm pretty much sold on a Bernina now especially after working with one and seeing/feeling it. It feels like a machine whereas the others feel like plastic boxes. Now to just find one!:)

4 comments:

SissySees said...

I don't even sew but that skirt makes me wish I did! It just screams summer!

Courtney said...

LOVE it!!!!!!

Ms. Diva said...

I would love a serger!!! And a new camera and a new phone and........sigh!!
Your skirt is fabulous!!!!

Dawn said...

My SIL found two different serger's at a yard sale for almost nothing and she couldn't be persuaded to part with one! Darn.
There's an episode of Sewing With Nancy where she makes all kinds of stuff with just the serger, that got me wanting one (but I know I'd never use it! :P)