Clue 2 of the Mystery Crochet Shawl Along came out yesterday. It only had three rows added. Wish it'd had more because this is really fun so far!:) I love, love, love this yarn too. The anticipation for Clue 3 is looming ahead!:)
My goal this year is to try a bunch of new things.
1. Crochet lace...which I'm doing above with the CAL.
2. Learn to spin...I've spun some wool and alpaca.
3. Continental knitting and Norwegian purling....worked on this during the weekend. At first I was so fumbly like a new knitter but after five rows I think I've got the hang of it and my tension is even. What's funny is I hold my yarn continental style when I crochet! They noticed this at my group and couldn't believe I crocheted before I knit!:) These techniques will lead me into...
4. Colorwork/fair isle. I want my Continental a little more automatic before I delve into this one.
5. Also might try designing a bit. I'm wanting to design a special crocheted item for my grandma's birthday in July...she'll be 90 and she's the one who taught me to crochet. I have some ideas but haven't tried them yet. They're sketched in my mind!:) After I finish the wrap I'm working on I'm going to start on this.
So it's only March and I'm off to a good start on my "new things."