Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

James on his birthday (3-12) wearing his "40" hat!
Told the waiter to surprise him with the singing pie thing....we waited and waited, Jimmy and I delayed...waiter brought check...ug dorky people forgot! Oh well at least we got this cute pic. No he wouldn't wear it all day either...he also had a flashing button that said I'm 40 but didn't wear that one either! Guess I don't blame him!:)

Got these yummy goodies in Santa Barbara, CA., at the Loop and Leaf. The green is made out of stainless steel! How cool is that! Then of course I'd never seen Koigu in person so had to get some of that!


This was also on 3-12-09...testing out 8-9 wheels at least at the store in Solvang, CA. Its funny cuz I hated that wheel they got a picture of me with!:) That day I didn't even see the yarn around me or that they had tons of roving in everything you could think of! Can you imagine I had Quiviet right behind me! After a couple of hours I narrowed the wheels I liked down to a Louet and an Ashford Kiwi.....this will be continued when we went back on our way home on 3-15-09.....do you think you guessed right Julie?:)


This is my all time favorite lotion that I can only find at the Apple Farm in San Luis Obispo...I love this English Lavender!



The things I teach our son...he's also wearing his new, cool, shark tooth necklace he got!



An FO from the trip...this was done using the continental method of knitting and the Norwegian purl which you can learn from the link in my sidebar. What a great way to knit!




Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Get your green on!:)


7 comments:

SissySees said...

Happy birthday (belatedly so) James! Enjoy the day.

Dawn said...

Happy St Patricks Day to you guys!

Jeannine said...

Loved the pics on the previous post also of the Alpacas and your roving! Fun! You will be a great spinner! I have never done it!

g-girl said...

aww, too bad they forgot to sing happy bday to James. He was a good sport to wear the hat. I don't know if I would've either! The Apple Farm! I love going there. :) what are you going to make with that habu stainless steel??

Knitting Kris said...

Wow, you must have had a lot of fun "test" spinning/driving! :)
I love the alpacas in your previous post too, and that roving is so pretty.

Natalie Rush said...

Glad you had fun test driving wheels. :)

Unknown said...

I didn't know you'd never had some Koigu. I love that yarn. So pretty!