Monday, August 24, 2009

Beach Ball Monkey's

My monkey socks that have been marinating in my purse are now finished! whoo hoo!
The yarn was a Woolgirl kit colorway called Beach Ball...think it was Madelintosh but can't find the band. Think this pattern would look better on a semi solid but still love them. I'm thinking on getting those clear converse tennis shoes so they'll show my socks good. I hate the clear clogs I have because its a sauna on the feet. I've even drilled holes in them and they still steam up! I wish Crocs would make a clear pair...love me some Crocs!:)
Went to the knitting meeting yesterday and had a great time. I worked on my drop stitch scarf, love this pattern, so relaxing and a non thinker! Finally got to meet Lorena in person...we've only talked on twitter or ravelry and always miss each other at meets! Came home from the meet and made carrot cake, cinnamon spice, and cafe vienna soap...they smell sooo good! One more week before we start school.....

7 comments:

SissySees said...

Hmmm... Maybe that's why I didn't like the only pair of monkeys I knitted (for a swap pal)? Maybe I should try another pair (no purl version, maybe?) in a semi-solid?

I do like the colors of your yarn though. Happy!

I have clear Skechers. They're also pretty sauna-like.

Dawn said...

Yay! Progress is made! That's some crazy pooling/flashing you got there! Wild! Got another pair on the needles yet??? ;O)

Lorena said...

It was great to finally meet you! next time we chat though!

Courtney said...

Very pretty!

Jeannine said...

Clear Crocs and Converse? I am so NOT up with the times, I had no idea...

Knitting Kris said...

First, so sorry I've been away so long. I like the socks....I still have to knit that colorway, but I must admit that I wasn't thrilled with it when it arrived last year. I like the colors, but the yarn tends to pool so much. Now, sometimes I like pooling, but I'd have preferred that colorway to stripe. PS - Love Jimmy's glasses!

g-girl said...

yay for some finished monkeys! yes, it's madelinetosh. i didn't know there were clear clogs!