Sunday, September 7, 2008

Frog sock & plants...

Finished one of my Woolgirl Froggin' socks! Now on to cast on the other one!
Love the bright colors in this yarn...its fun to knit with because a new color keeps popping up as your knitting with it. The only thing I don't like is you can't see the patterning of the pattern because of the multi colored yarn. Very cool though. They even fit Jimmy! He's getting too big!
At a garage sale yesterday we bought over thirty some plants and seven trees from this really nice, Korean lady named Sunny. She was so informative and had such great deals that we went back twice to load up the truck. She had some really unique plants that are going to be fun to grow and grow more of them from the previous ones. She informed me how to do each one so they make more and how to care for them. Even said to come back anytime, just knock on her door. She even gave me some as gifts. Had a fun time with her. Whats also fun is we're studying plants in Jimmy's science curriculum...what timing! When we got to La Jolla Thursday we're going to make a field trip to a botanical garden...the rest of the time is going to be swimming in the surf and taking pics of all the fish in the cove! Fun in the sun!:)


5 comments:

Aim said...

Oh, La Jolla is one of my most fav spots!!! Enjoy :)

Unknown said...

Cool Plant Lady! How nice that she offered help.

The Botanical Gardens are always so cool to go to!

Dawn said...

Wow!! You totally hit the jackpot!! How sweet of her to be so helpful and gracious! Hope they fill up a ton of space!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Dawn, that was totally a jackpot SCORE! Awesome that she was so helpful!

NatRed2 said...

Thats a wonderful find! Such a nice lady... I predict a new friend for Dawn ;)

I love plants, I would have been in 7th heaven over them.
I like your froggy sock too.I find the same with verigated yarns and i usually do plain sock patterns for that reason.