Saturday, July 5, 2008

Yarn....

Crocheted these chemo hats while on vacation!

This yummy Wollmeise came in the mail while I was gone. The reds in this is soooo pretty! The colorway is Rosenrot. The gummies and green wool was extras!:)

Found these goodies at my favorite yarn store, The Scarlet Skein! A sea turtle kit which was 75% off! The alpaca is from the Flying Eagle Ranch that they'd just got in. The black alpaca is from a baby named Star; the light brown alpaca is from Duente; and the dark brown is from the alpaca, Storm. I was excited to find out the names of the alpaca that went with the yarn!

This is Debbie Bliss Pure Silk, just loved the color and feel of it. Got this in San Luis Obisipo at Betty's Fabrics. It was a pretty good store. Also went to the Yarn at the Adobe...its the size of a small house bathroom so you can imagine not much yarn to choose from. The women there didn't even speak or look up at me...won't go back there again.

See how happy yarn buying is to my guys!

Cayucos Beach...freezing!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

You lucky bum! I agree, I've been to shops like that where I've been completely ignored. Never will have my business again.

I love all your yarn! :)

Unknown said...

Good job on the chemo caps! I'm sure you're going to make a lot of people very happy.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Love finding special skeins that just call ones name;)There lovely chemo caps you are such a sweetheart.Hugs Darcy