Friday, April 30, 2010

Books...

How I love Amazon.com.....:)
I loved the Susan B. Anderson book Itty Bitty Hats so much I ordered her other books. They are just as fantastic!
Itty Bitty Nursery has forty adorable items....jackets, mittens, toys, slippers, pacifer clips, an adorable mobile, a knitted tea set (which I adore and might make for myself!):)
Itty Bitty Toys is chocked full of adorable toys to make...think I want to make every single one in the book! They even have reversible toys which are totally awesome. For example the frog can turn into a turtle or an egg becomes a bluebird. Soooo cute!
The Sweetgum Ladies Knit for Love by Beth Pattillo. Once a month, the six women of the Sweetgum Knit Lit Society gather to discuss books and share their knitting projects. Inspired by her recently-wedded bliss, group leader Eugenie chooses “Great Love Stories in Literature” as the theme for the year’s reading list–a risky selection for a group whose members span the spectrum of age and relationship status.As the Knit Lit ladies read and discus classic romances like Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, and Pride and Prejudice, each member is confronted with her own perception about love. Camille’s unexpected reunion with an old crush forces her to confront conflicting desires. Newly widowed Esther finds her role in Sweetgum changing and is surprised by two unlikely friends. Hannah isn’t sure she’s ready for the trials of first love. Newcomer Maria finds her life turned upside-down by increasing family obligations and a handsome, arrogant lawyer, and Eugenie and Merry are both asked to make sacrifices for their husbands that challenge their principles.Even in a sleepy, southern town like Sweetgum, Tennesee, love isn’t easy. The Knit Lit ladies learn they can find strength and guidance in the novels they read, the love of their family, their community–and especially in each other.
Sweater Quest by Adrienne Martini. Martini writes about her choice to knit the complicated Alice Starmore Fair Isle sweater pattern, known as Mary Tudor, and records her 12 months’ experience.
Spinning Forward by Terri Dulong. Sydney Webster's comfortable New England life comes crashing down when her husband dies suddenly, leaving her penniless and evicted. She had no idea about his huge gambling debts, and is getting no sympathy from her hurt and angry twenty something daughter. With nowhere else to turn, Sydney takes shelter at a college friend's B&B in Cedar key, Florida, where she begins to form a plan. As Syd turns her talent at spinning wool and knitting into a retail venture, other doors begin to open. She steps into the embrace of a community rich with love, laughter, friendship...and secrets. And soon she faces a choice: spin a safety net, or spin forward and never look back. Entertaining and heart warming, this superb debut will win readers over with its real-life challenges and quirky and compelling characters.
After I finish these three novels I'll have to go stalk Courtney's shelfari...she's always reading great books!
Looking forward to Saturday Stitchin' at my lys...tomorrow my friend DawnRene is bringing her notebook and going to show us all a software demo. My homework from her was to knit a swatch, recording all the sts./rows/gauge/needles etc....then she'll plug this all in and presto changeo a sweater pattern will pop out!:) Can't wait to see this work, although I have the feeling I'll probably want this once I see it in action!:)

5 comments:

SissySees said...

I have such a big pile of books to read, but a couple of those interest me too...

Fru-la-la! said...

I agree w/ Channon..I am drooling over your book pron!

Dawn said...

All I can say is thank goodness for libraries, my poor shelves are three deep and sagging, and now I'm stacking boks on the dresser! :P Good reads and pattern books you got there!

Courtney said...

haha I just spent about a $150 on MORE books LOL

g-girl said...

the books sound great!