Sunday, April 11, 2010

Knit and Pearl Boutique

5 E. Figueroa Street
just off State Street,
downtown Santa Barbara
(805) 963-3930 • knitandpearl@gmail.com
Monday 11am – 7pm
Tuesday – Friday 11am – 5:30pm
Saturday 11am – 5pm
Oooooh think I've found my new favorite yarn store!! I took pics of the inside but was using my phone and they blurred :(.....You walk in and there is a big display of classes being offered with the pattern, yarn etc, right next to the cashier area to your right...to your left is a floor to ceiling oak bookcase filled with all the different Manos yarns (drooooool) around the corner from this to your left is a huge nook with a couch, chairs, coffee table, wonderful lighting to sit and knit.....next is an area of baby yarns....a rack of Malabrigo,mmmmmm....Rowan, Spud and Chloe, Blue Sky Alpaca, O-wool, organic cottons, hemp....so many fine yarns to even name...all the popular, fabulous yarns you could think of...Namaste bags all around....Lantern Moon......alpaca, angora, bamboo oh my.....in each section there were pattern ideas/patterns placed for each yarn....beautiful knitted items hung and displayed all over. A knitters/crocheter's heaven!! The owner was extremely friendly and helpful and gave me a full tour pointing out different stuff throughout. It will definitely be worth a two hour drive to go back when I need some more fabulous yarn! If you're ever in Santa Barbara, CA you've gotta go to this store....was very, very impressed and look forward to going back sometime!
I bought my friend, Alana's pattern, the Cedarleaf Shawlette and the Manos silk blend to make it with, of course in green!:) The Rowan Cashsoft is for a baby hat I need to make.....such a wonderful yarn, so soft and scrumptious! Wish I could cast them on right now but still working on the Mr. Greenjeans (I'm on the sleeves), started and restarted the Hemlock Ring blanket, started a preemie hat.....

6 comments:

Fru-la-la! said...

sounds like an amazing place!! I'm so glad you found it!!

Debbie T said...

Oh darn...now I wanna do that shawl!! A Manos silk blend sounds heavenly!
I luuuuurve Rowan Cashsoft..one of my favorite yarns!
So glad you had such a great time..exploring new yarn shops is so fun!

Born2knitnpurl said...

wow, sounds like a great LYS. I also bought that pattern from Alana. I have a project bag set up already, going to use some DK from NHKnittingmama yarn but in blues, didn't have any DK green yarn in my stash. Let me know when you're going to make it and I'll cast on with you. I'm also in no rush, cause I have quite a few things on the needles myself that want to finish first. but I definitely want to make it sometime this year.
:-)

Courtney said...

That looks like some yummy yarn!

Dawn said...

OOh, I recently got some Manos but not the silk blend! Now I wish I had gotten that! Let me know what you think of it K?

g-girl said...

anothe shop i'll have to check out if i'm ever in the area (or if there's just too much traffic!). ;)