Monday, April 19, 2010

Grandma's Yarns...

Grandma's Yarns & Notions
45239 N. 12 th St. East
661-723-YARN
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00-6:00

Hung out at the lys this past Saturday....hadn't seen the "Grannies" in a few weeks! Had a great time catching up on things. Bought these rainbow of colors to make the Marley hat, it should make a couple of hats with all this yarn, can't wait to cast on for it! Need to finish the Hemlock Ring Blanket first though! Went home for lunch and Angie texted me that they got in glass (pyrex) dpn's! Went back to the yarn store to try them out (just down the street from me)!:) They are awesome! Casted on a preemie hat to test them out. They didn't screech, the yarn grips well to them, they're not slippery, knit really well! I'm used to my dpn's being 6in. long but these didn't hurt or bug my hands. They also have straight glass needles too where you can choose from the beautiful toppers and have customized to your liking. Also they have crochet hooks too which are fabulous! I've tested them all and they are all fun to knit/cro with!:)

April 24 between 2-6 the Grannies are starting a knit/cro/spin time....looking forward to hanging out and having some fun! So if you're local come on over and get your knit on!:)



6 comments:

Dawn said...

Pretty needles! Isn't it funny how we can never have enough? My friend gave away some of her crochet hooks at our last meeting because she already had those sizes, and here I've got at LEAST a couple of each (probably more!) LOL! I love my tools.

Debbie T said...

What bright and fun colors for your Marley! You will love making it...they are so fun!!

Fru-la-la! said...

I am sure your marley is gonna be awesome w/ that yarn!! and glass dpns?! how awesome!!

SissySees said...

Glass dpns. Even seeing them, trusting your review... I just can't wrap my little mind around them!

km said...

I wonder how well glass DPNs would survive at my house? I LOVE the rainbow you chose for the hat.

NatRed2 said...

The needles are pretty but I could just see myself sitting on one! Oh Boy! Cute patterns!