Monday, April 12, 2010

Eileen's Treasures....

859 Oak Park Blvd,
Pismo Beach CA 93449
Excellent selection, lovely displays, great prices, friendly service. I was feeling really bad when at this store so was hard to pay attention to details. Lots of Noro, Cascasde, Regia all the workhorse yarns....nothing super spectacular. After being at the Knit and Pearl Boutique with all the fine yarns it was hard to review it without being disappointed. They had tons of yarn and had lots to choose from. I was looking for some lumpy cream yarn and some tan cotton to make an itty bitty lamb. Also wanted to try the Kollage Square needles so got a size 6/24in cable. I'm very impressed with the smoothness of the cable, no twists, kind of scared that its going to break but they are guaranteed. I cast on a preemie hat to test them out and they are knitting quite nicely. They are supposed to be ergonomic and I've gotta say my hands haven't cramped with them yet. They are also supposed to prevent any kind of laddering....we'll see when I finish the hat!:)

3 comments:

SissySees said...

I love the cords on the square circs. Hmmm... Wonder if I could possibly get gauge on my acrylic blankie that is killing my hands with square needles? Too late to try now, I think...

Dawn said...

I bought some of the circs recently but haven't used them yet. The small DPN's did hurt my fingertips some. I think the fibro makes me very sensitive at times, the slightest thing can hurt. Glad they're working out for you! I may give mine a go soon...

g-girl said...

i didn't even know there was a yarn shop in pismo! good to know. :) ooh, jealous of the square needles. I wanted to try some after I tried some at stitches but I keep forgetting to order some.