Saturday, April 17, 2010

Some trip pics..

Love this pic of James....one of my favorites!

James and Jimmy....they were tossing pennies into the wheel at Apple Farm.

Looking for sand dollars on Pismo Beach... only found broken ones!:(

Pretty bird!

Captain Sea Wolfe getting hooked by the naughty pirate!



The Northern Elephant Seal, Mirounga angustirostris , is an extraordinary marine mammal. It spends eight to ten months a year in the open ocean, diving 1000 to 5000 feet deep for periods of fifteen minutes to two hours, and migrating thousands of miles, twice a year, to its land based rookery for birthing, breeding, molting and rest. The Piedras Blancas rookery, on Highway 1 seven miles north of San Simeon on the California Central Coast, is home to about 15,000 animals. The area is open for viewing every day of the year and there is no admission fee or reservation required.



8 comments:

Crafty Pancakes said...

It looks like such a fun trip! Love the pictures!

Courtney said...

Looks like you all had fuN!

Debbie T said...

Are you talking about Apple Farm in SLO? I've been there and love it!!!
Glad y'all had such a great time!!

SissySees said...

What fun photos!

Cat said...

You have some NICE pictures there!
(Oh, and since this is the first time in nearly two weeks that I have had a chance to do so, THANK YOU for the soap, it is just great! I hope the lapghan was what you needed!)

Cat

Fru-la-la! said...

wat handsome boys you have!!

km said...

What a fun trip! I especially love that mother/son photo. I treasure those I have with my littles. I know it won't be long before they're taller than me.

g-girl said...

beautiful shots at the beach! I absolutely love the Apple Farm! We used to always make a point of stopping there whenever we'd drive btwn LA and Monterey. :)